Skip to main content

Diversity stories: marriages and adoptions

Stories and News No. 798

Once upon a time there were two friends.
Indeed, it begins so: there are two friends.
But it is not a joke.
One of them meets the other, who is reading the newspaper.
"What are you doing?"
"I read."
"What are you reading?"
"The news on the discussion about same-sex marriages..."
"I see, gay adoptions."
"No, not at all, I said same-sex marriages, you know? Those forms of cohabitation between two people of the same... "
"Yes, I understand, you're talking about gay adoptions."
"It’s not true, when you hear that? I said same-sex marriages, forms of cohabitation linked by bonds of affection..."
"Yes, of course, gay adoptions."
"I did not say gay adoptions," the man screams. "I repeat, I said - by spelling – same-sex marriages..."
"Of course, gay adoptions."
"Are you deaf or what?" His friend almost yells, victim of a nervous breakdown. "Same-sex marriages, these are not difficult words. Unions by people who desire a wedding according to their own free will... "
"Look, I understand very well, these are gay adoptions."
"You're out of your mind..." the other one says leaving the newspaper on the ground. "You are hearing voices or worst. I said SAME-SEX MARRIAGES, after the legal systems have given them the right relevance or granted a legal status..."
"In easy words, gay adoptions."
The newspaper guy approaches the other with a worried expression.
"There is something wrong? Let's talk about... you want to come to drink something? So you tell me more..."
"I'm sorry but I cannot," the other replies. "I have to go to court because I have being sued by my ex-wife. I did not pay the maintenance and ignored her daughter..."
"Her daughter? She’s not yours too? "
"Yes, but how could I keep up with everything? Yesterday I had to tolerate even the screams of my new wife because I punched his son in the face. You know, he spoke on the phone during the football game..."
"On the contrary, he actually is her son..."
"Dumb me that I got married for the third time... if the first one..."
"If the first one had not left you because you betrayed her with your secretary, I know that part."
"Yeah. In what kind of world we live in…"
In what kind of world, the friend thinks.
A world of gay adoptions.
Unions and, above all, citizens.
So civil...

Read other stories about diversity

Storytelling videos with subtitles



Also on Stories and News: