Skip to main content

Elections Italy 2018 results: them those ones and the others

Stories and News No. 1077

Sunday, March 4, 2018 in Italy we’ll have the political elections for the renewal of the two branches of the Parliament, Senate and House, in addition to consultations regarding the Presidency of the regions of Lazio and Lombardy.
If we omit the Constituent Assembly’s election of 1946, with the women’s vote debut, the very first political elections after the fall of fascism took place in 1948, or precisely 70 years ago...


Once upon a time there was a democracy.
For many, democracy is the vote.
That is, the right to put a cross below or above the name or symbol, don’t be wrong, otherwise, no vote. And, for many it means no democracy.
So, in countries where democracy was, which for many it’s just the vote, the candidates were usually divided into them, those ones and the others.
In fact, despite the privilege, the possibilities for citizens were not so many.

Consequently, it was not difficult to imagine the tale of the different average voter’s decisions:
I vote for them, because I cannot stand those ones.
I vote for those ones, because they won’t certainly be worse than them.
I vote for the others because I want to see them and those ones lose.
I vote for them, because despite the superficial declarations, the others are equal to those ones.
I vote for the others because they are new.
I vote for those ones because they are the least worst.
I vote for them because things must get worse, so we can only go up.
I vote for the others because they are different from them and those ones.
I vote for those ones because, otherwise, who could I vote?
I vote for them because my boss said so.
I vote for those ones because my wife said so.
I vote for those ones because my boss is one of them, but non “them”, I mean one of those ones
I vote for the others because I am one of them, but non “them”… you know what I mean.
I vote for them because they are the only ones I understand when they speak.
I vote for those ones because they are younger.
Are you kidding? I vote for them because they are more experienced.
I vote for the others because he is one of… the latter, so we avoid confusion.
I vote for her, it doesn't matter who she is with.
I have always voted for them, this time I try those ones.
And so on, by voting.
We are in democracy, then, I vote, you vote, we vote...
Nonetheless, where you vote, or not, democracy isn't just that, because according to our underrated fortune it’s much more.
Though the vote is important, but it’s only a cross under or above the name or symbol.
So, don’t forget that in the aftermath of an election you are still the citizen of a democracy…


On the same topic:
The real democracy

Watch the video storytelling with English subtitles:
What are viruses today

Read also stories to think about
Buy my English Italian, dual language books
Listen my music band
Watch my last storytelling show with English and Italian subtitles Sunset
Storytelling videos with subtitles