Skip to main content

Dead children of war video 100 reasons not to die

Stories and News No. 653

)

One hundred reasons not to die as children

1. Because I don’t want to die.
2. Because despite being poor, I am glad to be born.
3. Because when I laugh my mother seems less sad.
4. Because tomorrow is my birthday.
5. Because it was yesterday and I have not celebrated, but my dad has promised that next year will be different.
6. Because I make funny faces better than all my brothers.
7. Because I believe that one day I will run faster than Bolt.
8. Because last night I had a dream and I would do it again the next.
9. Because I have not yet learned how to talk, but when it will happen I will have a lot of things to say.
10. Because I have never seen the sea, and they told me it's beautiful.
11. Because when I’ll grow up I'm gonna be strong like Cristiano Ronaldo
12. Because if Obama became President of the United States, I have a few chances here too.
13. Because if I die, I want it to happen for a more important reason.
14. Because I never gave a real kiss to anyone.
15. Because before I die I want to… how do they call it? Make love, at least once.
16. Because when I'm cold I go to sleep in the middle of my parents and it is gorgeous.
17. Because so far I've only drank milk and I'd love to know what wine tastes.
18. Because yesterday I twisted my ankle and today I could not play the game.
19. Because without me how will my father make survive his name ?
20. Because my grandfather told me I look like him.
21. Because one day I'll give a nice gift to the teacher.
22. Because one day she will do the same for me.
23. Because I have not learned to swim.
24. Because I only count to ten and I miss eleven, twelve, thirteen...
25. Because I’m good at coloring trees.
26. Because I've finally figured out what the moon is.
27. Because yesterday Mom and Dad have made peace.
28. Because my uncle is nice.
29. Because when I wake up in the morning I'm hungry but I can still smile.
30. Because I know that the world is big.
31. Because tomorrow I will be higher than today.
32. Because I see very well.
33. Because I swore that I kill no more ants.
34. Because mom has only me.
35. Because I'm afraid that there is no heaven.
36. Because I know it's there, but I'd like to stay here a little longer.
37. Because now I can wink.
38. Because my classmate gave me a kiss on the cheek.
39. Because one day I'll give it to her.
40. Because I don’t know what person I will be, but surely I will be rich and happy.
41. Because I made a hole and I forgot to cover it.
42. Because I have to apologize to my brother.
43. Because my father said he has a surprise for me.
44. Because when I close my eyes I only see wonders.
45. Because I like to listen to stories.
46. Because I’m beautiful.
47. Because I want to dance all my life.
48. Because yesterday we don’t eat but today we’ll do.
49. Because I dropped my first tooth.
50. Because the fever has passed.
51. Because grandma told me that there are whales in the ocean.
52. Because I'm Batman but don’t tell anyone.
53. Because I am stronger than Batman and even that don’t say it.
54. Because my skin is still smooth and soft like the petals of a flower.
55. Because I am not afraid of the dark.
56. Because I love animals.
57. Because I love them all, except for the mosquitoes.
58. Because I cough but I will be better soon.
59. Because I hit the ball harder than my older brother.
60. Because I have a good voice, my cousin also told it, he’s an expert.
61. Because I can do the bubbles with saliva.
62. Because I will no more get fingers in the nose, I promise.
63. Because yesterday I said a bad word, but it ran away.
64. Because I climbed the tree and my brother said that I would not have succeeded.
65. Because I tease but only when I slept badly.
66. Because I cry often but that's because I cannot say more.
67. Because I brush my teeth every night, even when there is no toothpaste.
68. Because on Saturday I'll go to the cinema.
69. Because I did eight jumps.
70. Because one day I'll be a writer.
71. Because I 'll be a doctor instead.
72. Because then I 'll be a lawyer.
73. Because I 'll just be as beautiful as my mother.
74. Because I will look like my father who is not beautiful, but he is honest.
75. Because they told me I dribble like Lionel Messi.
76. Because I have to bring my dog to pee.
77. Because when I look in the mirror I always smile.
78. Because I like to listen to music.
79. Because I don’t remember the name of that city but one day I'll go there.
80. Because the river was cold today and we could not swim.
81. Because my brother is dead and my parents don’t want to lose me too.
82. Because when I play with my sister we almost never argue.
83. Because I still don’t have muscles like dad but I'm training.
84. Because yesterday I combed my hair as my mother and she cried for the joy.
85. Because then I laughed and she stopped even happier than before.
86. Because one day I'll have a beard like daddy.
87. Because my grandfather is old and needs me.
88. Because one day I go back to school, when they will rebuild it.
89. Because I wrote my name in the rice grains.
90. Because my sister ate them but I have not been angry.
91. Because sometimes I'm sad, but it passes quickly.
92. Because I've done a few things and I remember them all.
93. Because I don’t like tea but I drink the same and my mother is happy.
94. Because I like ice cream, just a taste.
95. Because I am eight years old.
96. Because I am even less.
97. Because I don’t know how old I am, but it is not so much.
98. Because I feel alive.
99. Because I am alive.
100. Because I have a whole life ahead…
Also on Stories and News: