Skip to main content

World press photo 2013 Gaza funeral children: Suhaib Hijazi dream

Stories and News No. 570

My name is Suhaib Hijazi and I just learned that my brother Muhammad and I have won the World Press Photo 2013.
Share the winning photo, spread it everywhere, to remember, to keep alive the memory.
However, I want you to remember me for this photo on the left...
Picture from arabic.dci-palestine.org
Do you see me?
Look at my eyes carefully.
Those are the eyes of a child who dreams the elder brother's happy smile.
He is another child, whose joy makes happy his younger brother.
A younger brother, me, who will continue to dream making happy his older brother, and so on from the beginning.
So we'll never stop dreaming a better future for our people.
Together.
Forever...

World Press Photo 2013 - Paul Hansen


Also on Stories and News: