Skip to main content

Women's Day: Italy most maltreated woman

Stories and News No. 124

The Story:

I am a woman, an Italian woman.
My name is Constitution.
I’m no longer young, and this year I will be 63 years old, although I show many more.
Nevertheless I still feel much life inside, such as the one I saw passing before my eyes.
All this time I was daughter and mother, friend and wife, but I never lost the desire to be useful to my country.
That country has maltreated me and continues to do it every day.
I still love him, stupid me.
How many times I dreamed that that country was my prince charming.
I am talking about a truly democratic country, really based on the job for everyone;
A husband, for whom all citizens are equal before the law;
A laic life companion, for whom the State and the Catholic Church are always independent;
A consistent man, able not to forget that one day he said to repudiate the war;
A never vile person and ready to listen without fear the thought of others in any way it’s expressed;
A citizen unable to compromise when indissoluble principles are at stake, as the property is public or private;
A person aware of what to marry a woman means, so that respect and loyalty to me should never, I repeat, never be traded for any reason.
I know, some of you might say I am a too demanding woman.
Maybe even a little masochistic, looking at the pain I suffered so far because of the men I've met.
You know, each one of us draws her prince charming in his heart, and nobody has the right to set limits to dreams.
Not even ourselves.
Mine is someone for whom sovereignty belongs to the people;
He is a man ever ready to defend it at any time from the abuse of bullies.
I know he is among you and maybe one day I’ll meet him.
I'm sure we'll be happy together...



Stories and news: “invented” Stories, fruit of my imagination, inspired by “true” media News.

The people and the tragic story of Italy, Saturday March 20 2010, World storytelling day in Rome.

Share the post:
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Friendfeed